Social media freelance life ain't easy. Here are my top 5 productivity hacks for freelancers.
1. Keep your phone on do not disturb. Shut off all unnecessary notifications. Even if you are on your phone quite a bit, you’re not being distracted while focusing on a certain task. Most phones have a setting where you can select contacts who can get through even when your phone is on silent -- just be sure to keep the list short.
2. Set up email rules. You can limit the time you spend wading through your inbox by creating rules to send some emails to certain folders automatically (one of those folders being "Trash.")
3. Get a calendar link and add it to your email signature. This saves a lot of the back-and-forth communication about availability and meeting schedule. It allows people to just click a link and book you at a time that works for them.
4. Don't be afraid to say no. This is a big one. Be aware of your own limitations and priorities. Phrase your no objectively to minimize any hurt feelings. "My schedule won't allow for that" or "I don't have the resources to make that happen" are two phrases that tend to work well.
5. Outsource and delegate. Even if you can do something well, doesn't mean you should. Outsource in your personal and professional life. I'm pretty cheap, but this is a necessary expense and can actually increase your profitability when you do it properly. You have a limited amount of time; spend it on the activities that are the most important.
What are some of your hacks?
Blogging my path as a professional photojournalist / social media addict / influencer